CompuVoIP is a NYC based telecom company, installing and providing VoIP services for business across the Tri-State Area. We are looking a talented, customer focused support technician to be the front end for all support requests.
This is a full-time position based in Brooklyn, NY.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Managing all emails requests for support and ensure appropriate resolutions
- Supporting VOIP telephones across multiple platforms
- Assist customers with connectivity issues
- Assist customers with password resets, holiday setups, call routing and other voip features
- Setup and manage routers, switches, VPNs
- Coordinate, test, and implement applications and technology
- Participate in 24/7 support and on-call rotation
- Training and documentation
What We’ll Expect From You:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong work-ethic, polite, well mannered, willing to learn, diligent, responsible, energetic and able to take direction.
What Requirements We’re Looking For:
- Experience configuring, deploying and supporting VoIP phones
- Possess a basic understanding of networking, LAN and WAN principles, routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP, Jitter and latency.
- Understanding of network troubleshooting diagnostics and methodologies (ping, traceroute etc)
- An expert level of experience in client facing, training, and problem-solving
- The ability and desire to work, when and as needed, to ensure the availability of services for our clients
- A critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Can work closely with business partners on telephony related issues to assess impact and manage clients
- A can-do attitude, with the desire and eagerness to grow professionally and learn
- Foundational ability to troubleshoot network issues
- General knowledge and the ability to provide day to day support for data network infrastructure supporting voice, data video conferencing, unified communications and collaboration systems and customers.
- 3-5 years of progressive experience as an individual contributor in the service provider voice environment
- Knowledge of configuring, deploying and troubleshooting voice applications
- Knowledge of Yealink telephones, third party SIP devices, gateways, and Firewalls is a huge plus.
- Protocols: TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLAN’s, Ethernet, DHCP, DNS, QoS, SIP, H.323
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Technical Training
- Gym on premises
- Paid Time Off
Click here to download a PDF of this job listing